Sunday, July 08, 2007

This time, with chutzpah



This is Ron Gompertz, owner of Bozeman's EcoAuto dealership (photo by Anne Sherwood), and subject of my second Christian Science Monitor article.

When doing a scientific experiment, it doesn't count if you achieve success just once. You have to do it twice, in case the first time was a fluke. So I'm pretty proud of myself for having two articles in the Monitor.

This article is also important because it represents the first collaboration between myself and Bozeman-based photographer Anne Sherwood, who primarily shoots for the New York Times. I met Anne through a mutual friend several years ago; this past winter we met again, which was strange in that it was like we had always been close friends. We were familiar with each others' work, and we both expressed interest in collaborating. We both share an interest in exploration, adventure, and meeting fascinating people (like the dude in this article), so I think we both hope this will be the first of many collaborations.

No comments: